Monday, October 8, 2007

Faith

For Rami Khader Ayyad


 

Faith is strong

Stronger than the immutable laws of physics

That bind our bodies to this earth

As faith binds our souls

For a short time

Then escapes the steely grip

Leaving behind a shell

For the quick to ponder


 


 


 

Rami Khader Ayyad was a Christian living in the Gaza Strip, a nightmare of a place in the Middle East. He was killed, stabbed and shot, most likely for not being muslim. I am not going to link the article as it is written by some Associated Press idiot that…well, I am not going to link the article.


 

Ya see, this morning I spent time in service, time I needed to spend, and it felt good. Then, I read an article that showed the spirit of the American Family, that is linked here. It is a Vanity Fair article, kinda tough to deal with the clicks, and I don't think anyone can read it without crying.


 

Then the article above, the one I will not link, Google it if you must, and someone on a blog answered a question like this:

re: #11 ointmentfly

That guy must have had a huge pair....

No, just Faith.


 

Which led to the above poem, good or bad, it happened and here it stays.

No comments: