Sunday, January 18, 2009

When profiling is good

Okay, I admit it, I think profiling is good all the time. There are certain groups that need to be looked at with a more discerning eye than other groups. Comment on this and I will give specific answers, I am not going to do that here. What I would like to see is some intellectual honesty from the left, I know, it will never happen, but I still would like to see it. Imagine the following headline with the principle subject changed to any one of a number of protected groups:

White supremacists watched in lead up to Obama administration


There is nothing wrong with this in my mind, I think that those idiots should be watched closely, all the time actually. What I have a problem with is that if the headline had substituted "muslim" or "black" or "gay" or...you get the picture, the left would have had a fit. We can't look at muslims closely in airports because we are afraid of the backlash...remind me once again who has committed more terror acts in the past 40 years than any other group?

Profiling is good, all the time, and law enforcement should not be afraid of being sued for simply doing a thorough job.

No comments: