Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Imus

Imus


 


 

So we have come to the point where some groups are more equal than other groups. I predicted this, in editorials, and in an essay I wrote about two years ago. This idiot has been attacking people for years, but now he has attacked a protected group so he is dumped from MSNBC. Never mind that the top ten rap songs this week are more insulting to women than what the idiot said, never mind that last week Rosie called our President a liar and accused the government of destroying a building in NYC (with no proof of either statement), never mind that the officials of cair lie all the time, and are in the midst of attempting to smear the names of law abiding citizens, no, we are now lesser humans than a group of college athletes.

Am I defending the idiot? I don't know, I sure would defend his right to say anything he chooses to say. I just think that way too much was made of this. If those athletes take anything the idiot had to say to heart, and have ignored all the platitudes heaped upon them, well, maybe they are not as strong as we are being told they are. And he didn't say they were ho's, he said they looked like ho's. There is a huge difference; one is comedy, the other an insult. Oh well, down the path we go, blindly allowing these special interest groups to mold our thoughts, to censor our speech. I, for one, will not refrain from saying anything that I believe, I guess I am lucky that I don't make a living insulting people the way that idiot did.

No comments: