Tuesday, February 2, 2010

House Seats

Once home to 36 congressional districts, Pennsylvania has steadily lost districts since 1930.

That sucks. We will be down to 18, which means that PA is growing slower than other states. I am going to have to research how the House became stuck at 435 instead of growing with the population, not that I disagree, 435 is pretty big, but one congressperson representing 700,000 people is pretty freaky too. I have met Mr. Gerlach, many times, but I am sure that the majority of people he represents wouldn't know him if they were to trip over him...do you know your representative in the House? I might be a bad example though, I've met and talked to the Governor and past Federal Senators as well as a host of state level elected officials. Being politically active is important, why are more people not active?

I don't care if you are left, right, or center, really I don't, but don't tell me that it doesn't matter, that your vote does not matter or that your representatives do not care. They care, and will work for you, if you take the time to talk to them.

Yup...I'm back, look out!

No comments: