Wednesday, March 11, 2009

from a long time ago



When I was young, when the world was in a recession, I had a Job. This was the eighties, I was 16, washing dishes. The 'breakdown' was, to be honest, nuts. Every pot and pan, everything came to me, add to that the normal plates and glasses as well as all the other crap that needed done, and you had one busy teenager. I wouldn't change those hours for anything, I learned great habits, I learned that hard work was rewarded, if not by huge amounts of money, then by respect.

Now, in another recession, my 16 year old son has a job, my 14 year old son has a job and the 12 year old wants a job.

I love my life, I love most of the things I have done, and I love most of the people I have befriended, you know who you are.

We will persevere, we will come out of this strong, and our kids will learn the value of hard work.
Those libs? Not so much.

No comments: