Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No links, no proof, just me

I am tired, it has been a long day. Okay, not too long, I managed to get up off the couch around 8, ran a son to school, went to Physical Therapy, did the taxes, ran a child to swim practice, wrote a short essay for school, and now it is midnight. I guess there was some other stuff in there, but not much. See, that is life, I avoided the news, I checked in at about 4:25 to see how the DOW went, it went up a little, but other than that, I stayed away from other sources.
I need to find a place that provides happy news, not silly stuff like our President comforting a homeless woman, or an actress breast-feeding a starving kid in Africa. We all know that neither one of those people truly cares about the photo-ops, and tomorrow that woman will still be homeless and that baby will still be starving.
No, I want news that makes me smile, that reinforces my love for America.
At a trade show yesterday the presenter bemoaned the economy, I was about to get up a walk out, I didn't need the dismal stuff, but he surprised me. This hardscaper from West Virginia said:
It's tough, it's hard to make sales for you contractors, but, together we can do this. Together we can make the sales we need to make to bring ourselves out of this situation. We can help each other, and we can win.

I sure do wish the politicians in Washington had been at that show.

No comments: