Saturday, January 24, 2009

Picking nits?

Maybe I am being too tough on the new President, then again, maybe I am not. The only personal attack you will find on this blog is his arrogant demeanor, the way he looks down his nose at the rest of us. Other than that I have stuck to his words and deeds, so I feel I am fine with my criticisms.

Yesterday Mr. Obama met with congress-people to discuss his stimulus package, yannno, the one where he wants people who DO NOT PAY taxes to get direct cash from those of us who do. Don't believe me? Here is what he said to a Republican when challenged on the point:
"I won," he said, according to aides who were briefed on the meeting. "I will trump you on that."

The response was to the objection by Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) to the president's proposal to increase benefits for low-income workers who don't owe federal income taxes.


Now, it is rather funny that in the same meeting he also told republicans that in order to be able to work with him they wold need to stop listening to Rush, in the spirit of bi-partisanship. What hooey, this is the same old crap we have been hearing from the left forever.

Sure, we can have our freedom of speech, as long as it is leftist speech.

'Cause they won.

No comments: