Monday, March 3, 2008

Pure Insanity…still

Wow…that is all I can say. There are so many quotes in the article I am linking here, and I am going to comment on them all…as soon as I finish my paper, my summary, and the intro to the team paper.


 

Really, too much real life to get to before I blog…


 

"Palestinian militants fire rockets nearly daily at Sderot and other Israeli border towns near Gaza. But by reaching Ashkelon, a city of 120,000 people about 11 miles north of Gaza, Hamas raised the stakes considerably. It is one of the largest cities in southern Israel, home to Mediterranean beaches, a college and strategic installations like an electric plant and a water purification plant."


 

Umm, that would most likely be the same water and power that the militants were whining about a few weeks ago. And how is it that Sderot can be attacked constantly but now that the rich and pretty are attacked the stakes are raised?


 

"We will not turn into Sderot," Shimoni said, referring to the town that has suffered most of the rocket attacks over the past seven years. The rockets have killed 13 people, wounded dozens more, caused millions of dollars in damage and made daily life unbearable.


 

Oh, now I see.


 

"The fact that more than a dozen rockets have targeted the major population center of Ashkelon is a sign that the terrorists have broken through a new threshold in their war against the Israeli civilian population," said Mark Regev, a spokesman for Prime Minister Ehud Olmert. "We will have to act to protect our people."


 

Gee, about time.


 

So, there I go, posting about stuff happening on the other side of the globe to a country that I have never seen. It is terrible what the terrorists are doing to Israel, just like it is terrible what the terrorists are doing in Somalia, in Sudan, in Chechnya, in Pakistan…you get the picture. Or at least I hope you do.


 

And then add to the insanity by figuring out that the rockets were made in Iran and things just get worse.

No comments: